In using our website and services, you agree to be bound by these Terms as well as any and all general terms and Privacy posted on our website from time to time. If you do not accept these Terms, you cannot use our Services.
In relation to Terms:
“Confidential Information” includes trade secrets and business-sensitive or personally-sensitive information about businesses or persons for which you do not have the required authorisations to disclose.
“Content” means any and all material, links, words, and images submitted, including free business advice.
“the website” means (www. or https://) tradesecrets.community
“Services” includes the provision of free advice, information, consultancy, mentoring, coaching and similar provided through the website and the website itself.
“We”, “our”, and “us” means Trade Secrets International Pty Ltd.
“You” means a website user using our Services.
“User” and “Users” means all individuals using our Services.
“Confidential Information” means any information or document that an individual or business would not wish to be made public.
SERVICES AND CONDUCT
We are in no way affiliated with any person posting Content beyond providing a third-party facilitator service to permit the exchange of Content between Users. We do not make any representations nor are we involved in, responsible, or liable for any Services.
You will at all times act honestly and with integrity in all your dealings in relation to your use of the Services. This includes engaging in and promoting honest and ethical conduct, including the ethical handling of actual or apparent conflicts of interest, and maintaining confidentiality.
You will not make promises or commitments that are not intended or unable to be honoured and no false or misleading statements, which includes but is not limited to statements which are misleading by omission.
General: You must register in advance in order to access and use the Services on our website and/or any associated services. You must be 18 years of age or older to use our Services.
By submitting any Content to the website, you represent that you have the ownership rights and title to this information and material and have the right to present and publish it. You will not upload other people’s, or business’s, sensitive data, information, or intellectual property without their written permission.
You also represent that you are not breaching any regulations, restrictions or third-party rights and warrant that you have the necessary licenses, permissions, certificates, or other regulatory qualifications to represent yourself in the capacity you do on your profile and posts.
You also agree to ensure that your credentials and profile details are accurate and up-to-date.
We may from time to time offer paid products, such as courses for business owners.
Payment is made by using third party payment providers. We do not process your credit card data ourselves.
All refunds are processed in accordance with our Refund Policy.
We do not issue refunds for digital/non-tangible goods as these cannot be returned.
We do not provide refunds on products and services that you buy from a third party after, for example, clicking on a link or advert.
AGREEMENT FOR REGISTRATION
To be eligible to register and to access and use our website Services, you agree to the following:
You warrant that:
- The information you post or advertise on the website is genuine, true and accurate to the best of your knowledge;
- You will keep your information updated and ensure any Content you include on your profile complies with applicable laws, codes and regulations; and
- All material and Content you can control and link to from our website is accurate, reliable, lawful, not misleading or offensive, and does not intentionally contain malicious code or technologies.
- By signing up, you are agreeing to being subscribed to our Mailchimp email list and receiving some marketing emails. You may unsubscribe from them using the link provided in each email.
You acknowledge and agree:
- We are a facilitator only for the purposes of permitting businesses and individuals use our website to share business advice and information. At no time do we guarantee or endorse any advice, information, or otherwise that you may receive at any time;
- We are not affiliated in any manner with Users. From time to time we may feature or highlight members of our paid platform, www.tradesecrets.biz. We are not affiliated with these and in clicking through, you are bound by tradesecrets.biz Terms; and
- You will never charge Us or a User a fee for providing, or having provided, Content.
- This is a gratis product and service. As such, support and reasonable expectations are limited:
- In our sole discretion, we will attend to any reasonable bugs and issues faced by Users at a time convenient to us.
- Support is limited to use of this website.
- We will not provide advice, or explanations or further information, regarding Content provided by Users.
- No guarantees are made that support will respond within a specific time.
- You must not share your login details or let anyone else use your account.
- You will always act in good faith when offering advice and support to other businesses in your industry. For example, you will never deliberately mislead them through knowingly sharing strategies or tactics that could bring other businesses to harm.
We make no warranty that the website services will meet your requirements or be available on an uninterrupted, secure or error-free basis. We will do our best to ensure the website is always available and virus free but from time-to-time, and in some instances, this may not be the case as it may be out of our immediate control.
By using this website, you authorise us to use, reuse and to grant others the right to use and re-use your Content and any reproduction or similar in any form of media or technology for any purpose related to the website including for marketing.
You agree and acknowledge that the website uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary software, hardware, service and storage.
You agree you will not knowingly transmit any viruses, malware, worms, etc. of any kind and that you will not upload, post, host or transmit unsolicited material or messages to the website. You will not instigate Denial-of-Service attacks.
You may terminate your account and profile at any time. When you delete your profile, all of your content, material and links will be deleted, and you will not be able to retrieve these at any time. You are still responsible for your obligations in relation to any outstanding fees.
We may retain your profile data in a securely stored environment in the event we are required or compelled by any regulatory authority or court to produce it, but we will not release it for any other purpose.
You agree that we may, in our sole discretion, for any reason, without limitation, and with or without notice, immediately terminate or suspend your account and profile, delete associated data, and block your further use of our Services if we have reasonable grounds to suspect the Content you provide through our website or Services is untrue, inaccurate, misleading, in bad faith, defamatory, libellous, unlawful, offensive, defamatory, obscene, otherwise objectionable, violates a third party’s intellectual property, breaches the purposes of the website, breaches any Terms, or if we receive complaints.
Upon such termination, you acknowledge and agree we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any claims or damages arising out of any termination or suspension or any other actions taken by us in connection with such termination or suspension.
Any suspected fraudulent, abusive or illegal activity may be grounds for terminating your relationship and may be referred to the appropriate law enforcement authorities.
MODIFICATION OF WEBSITE AND CONTENT
We reserve the right at any time and from time to time to remove, delete, alter, or amend any Content or the website. In particular, if we believe the Content to be inappropriate, potentially breach regulations, receive complaints or for any other reason and in our discretion, we may remove or modify Content at any time without notice.
We shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification when it is required.
We are not obliged to remove content unless compelled to do so by law.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND CONFLICTS OF INTEREST
You will not upload Confidential Information, including but not limited to business-sensitive information regarding other businesses, and personally sensitive data about other people.
You agree to act in good faith and with integrity and to never deliberately and knowingly undermine or mislead other Users.
You acknowledge that due to the unique nature of the Services and Confidential Information, any breach by you under the terms of the confidentiality or conflicts requirements under this clause would result in irreparable harm to us and/or our service providers for which there may be no adequate remedy. Any breach or suspected breach by you or as a result of your actions entitles the affected party to injunctive relief, other equitable relief and whatever remedies available at law.
You agree and acknowledge that we are not liable for any direct, indirect, consequential or incidental loss or damage which may result from your use of the Services or our website. You acknowledge and agree that we are third party facilitator only and are not in any way responsible for the conduct of any User. We are in no way to be held liable, directly or indirectly for any loss or damage that may result from any reliance on any advice, information or Services.
Our liability to you will not exceed the amount paid by you to use our website.
Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employment is created as a result of these Terms, and you do not have any authority of any kind to bind us in any respect whatsoever.
You agree and warrant that you will:
- Use Professional Conduct: you will always conduct yourself in a professional manner and will not in any way directly or indirectly damage the reputation of Trade Secrets Community, Trade Secrets Marketplace, Trade Secrets brand, or Trade Secrets International Pty Ltd.
- Manage Disputes: take up any issue, dispute, or litigation directly with other Users; we will in no way be involved, either directly or indirectly, in any dispute.
- Manage Litigation: take over any litigation that any User may commence against us which is either directly or indirectly related to your provision of Content. You agree and undertake to indemnify us and keep us at all times fully indemnified from and against any claims demands costs damages or awards whatsoever arising directly or indirectly as a result of any Content placed by you on our website or any Services provided by you or material you link to.
- Acknowledge our Limited Roles and Responsibilities: You agree that we are a third-party facilitator only. We are in no way directly or indirectly responsible for any advice you may receive, any action you take based on this, and we make no warranty in relation to any advice or Services.
- Acknowledge Your and Other User’s Responsibilities: You agree that you rely on and act on any advice, recommendations or any information provided by a User or Users at your own risk. A User is only providing the information and Services for your consideration. They are not responsible for how you may choose to use or rely on the information and Services. The User is not responsible for any loss or damage you or your business may incur as a result of the provision of their Services. You must exercise your own due diligence and judgment, and if necessary, seek further opinions or expert assistance. It is solely your responsibility to ensure that any advice is appropriate for your specific business circumstances, such as your location, demographic, resources, products/services, cash flow, and so on.
You will not hold us responsible for material shared beyond our website.
Links to external websites are for your convenience and do not imply or express an endorsement or a recommendation of the websites, views expressed, or products or services offered, by virtue of any information, material, or content linked from or to this site. We and Users have no direct control over the content of the linked sites or the changes that may occur after linking. We and Users make no warranty or representation regarding, and accept no responsibility for, the content of these sites, or the pages to which they in turn link. It is your responsibility to make your own decisions about the accuracy, currency, reliability, and correctness of information contained in linked external websites. You must exercise caution when clicking web links. It is possible for users to link directly to a downloadable file. If downloaded, this file could contain a virus, malware, trojan horse, or other malicious code.
All custom graphics, icons, logos and service names are registered trademarks, copyright, trade or service marks of Trade Secrets International Pty Ltd. All other trademarks, logos, or service marks within this website are the property of their respective owners. You agree to only upload Content for which you own the intellectual property rights, such as your own trademark but not another business’s trademark. Nothing in these Terms grants you any right to use any intellectual property you do not own.
You agree that you will not collect, store, retrieve, copy, broadcast, transmit, screenshot, record, or otherwise reuse advice posted by other Users on Trade Secrets Community without providing a link to tradesecrets.community and credit to the author. You agree to retain the context and fairly represent the intended meaning of what they stated and represent them pleasantly and in a good light.
You shall not conduct routine, excessive, extended, or automated scraping and reusing of Content outside of Trade Secrets Community. Sharing using the website’s native functionality, e.g. through social sharing buttons, is excepted.
Any unauthorized use of the materials appearing on this website may violate copyright, trademark and other applicable laws and could result in criminal or civil penalties.
We do not take on intellectual property disputes or legal proceedings on behalf of Users.
In the final analysis, Trade Secrets Community is a gratis website and is to be consumed on an ‘as is’ basis.
That said, we would like to hear from you if you have any concerns. You may use our contact form to notify us of bugs, concerns about an offensive post, staff conduct, etc.
If you are still dissatisfied, your message may be marked ‘FAO Paul Peace or Karen Bartle’, the Trade Secrets Community co-founders.
If you are still dissatisfied, you may seek legal counsel.
These Terms are governed by the laws of Queensland Australia which are in force from time to time and both you and we agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Queensland Australia for determining any dispute concerning these Terms.
Trade Secrets International Pty Ltd, 15 Malinya Drive, Buddina, QLD, Australia.